- Forensic MicroSpin is a valuable device for the extraction of DNA from crime scene samples.
- Forensic MicroSpin is specifically manufactured to prevent DNA or RNA contamination of the device prior to use.
- The receiver tube can be capped to protect the sample for storage or freezing
Spec and Instructions:
- The device has a filter unit, and a 2ml graduated micro centrifuge tube with an attached cap.
- The filter unit has an integral perforated bottom that filter acts like a strainer and allows fluids to pass but retains small cloth samples in the filter unit.
- A cloth sample from the crime scene is cut into small pieces and inserted in the filter unit.
- Add appropriate solvents or buffers to the cloth sample in the filter unit that will permit extraction of DNA.
- The filter unit is then placed into the 2ml microcentrifuge receiver tube, and the entire assembly is centrifuged in a microcentrifuge as indicated in the DNA extraction protocol being used by the forensic laboratory.
- Following centrifugation, the filter unit is removed from the filtrate receiver tube, and the cellular debris in the bottom of the tube can be DNA fingerprinted by the forensic technician.
- Maximum centrifugal force is 20,000 x g. Non-Sterile.
- Includes Filter Unit & 2.0ml Receiver Tube